Re: Fedora Workstation feature proposal: Tray icons

On Wed, Dec 4, 2019 at 3:20 PM Florian Müllner <fmuellner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 4, 2019 at 5:24 PM Daniel Rusek <drusek@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hmm, you are right about the SNI specification. I was not aware that it is actually an open standard with a site hosted on Freedesktop.org[1]. Nice!
>
> It was proposed on freedesktop where GNOME folks provided feedback
> (for example [0]).
>
> The response to any issues raised (except for typos) boiled down to:
>
> "Too bad, we're not going to change this. Take it or leave it".
>
> Which we did.
>
> And considering that the "standard" is still just the rejected draft,
> I don't see a reason to change the answer to anything different than
> "leave it".

Well, if GNOME isn't going to play ball, we can just ship the
extensions by default in Workstation, ne? I see absolutely no reason
to hurt our users with the bickering between GNOME and the rest of the
desktop Linux community. Ubuntu is also already shipping an extension
by default, and quite frankly, I'm surprised we haven't yet.