Re: Initial F31 flatpak runtime and further plans

Does Fedora provide a flatpak mechanism for converting add-ons in extension? Sadly, the documentation is missing on the guideline.

Luya

On 2019-10-29 3:56 a.m., Kalev Lember wrote:

Hi all,

I've built an initial version of F31 flatpak runtime and SDK, and built
a set of GNOME flatpaks against it. At the same time, I've also updated
them to 3.34.x. I'll build more of the apps against F31 runtime in the
coming days. Right now the set of apps include:

org.gnome.Baobab
org.gnome.Calculator
org.gnome.Calendar
org.gnome.Characters
org.gnome.clocks
org.gnome.Contacts
org.gnome.eog
org.gnome.Evince
org.gnome.font-viewer
org.gnome.gedit
org.gnome.Logs
org.gnome.Maps
org.gnome.Screenshot
org.gnome.Weather

This set was chosen for the initial port because this is what we want to
preinstall on Silverblue.

This should hopefully go stable around the same time as F31 goes live,
so people should be able to install 3.34 flatpaks on F31.

Karma in Bodhi and testing welcome:
https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-FLATPAK-2019-addc7ab077

Right now they are available in the fedora-testing flatpak repository. To enable the remote, 'flatpak remote-modify --enable fedora-testing'
or if you don't have the remote for some reasons, then:
'flatpak remote-add fedora-testing oci+https://registry.fedoraproject.org#testing'

Thanks,
Kalev

Luya Tshimbalanga