Re: Fedora flatpak remote is not GPG verified

Hi Owen,

it looks like the issue is solved for me. Today I was able to update org.mozilla.Thunderbird.

Thank you

On 4/17/19 4:09 PM, Owen Taylor wrote:
On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 4:01 AM Michal Konecny <mkonecny@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Owen,

I already reported this to releng team [0], but here are some details:
* flatpak version - flatpak-1.2.4-2.fc30.x86_64
* application to update - org.mozilla.Thunderbird
* output of flatpak update:
```
Looking for updates…

          ID                                Arch Branch
Remote          Download
   1. [✗] org.mozilla.Thunderbird           x86_64 stable
fedora          < 60.2 MB

Error: Can't pull from untrusted non-gpg verified remote
Updates complete.
error: There were one or more errors
```
Hmm, I wouldn't have thought it was possible, but you *might* be the
first person to have tried updating a flatpak from an OCI system
remote (most of my testing has been with user remotes). There seems to
potentially a bug where the 'install' and 'update' code paths in the
Flatpak code are differently ordered.

In the install case, it's "is an OCI remote? do X - otherwise, is it
an unsigned GPG remote? error out"
In the update case it's "is it an unsigned GPG remote? error out -
otherwise, is it a is an OCI remote? do X"

I'm puzzling over how to reproduce this without rebuilding a Flatpak
and waiting for it to be pushed to the testing remote. May just be
easiest to extend the Flatpak test suite.

Owen