Re: Removing GNOME Videos?

----- Original Message -----
> I just want to bring a point that may be relevant. At some point I asked
> @csoriano if video thumbnailing would move to the core of nautilus because I
> usually prefer another media player, however, their response was that totem
> is part of the core and if it is not included in the distribution it should
> be considered a bug. Thumbnailing is something desired for new users and it
> may be the case that a user simply installs an alternative media player and
> does not know that totem is "necessary" to provide this functionality in the
> file manager.

This would obviously be fixed if totem wasn't in the core. I've already fixed
it weeks ago for Flatpaks that need video thumbnailing:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/totem-video-thumbnailer

Problem being that, as it stands, it has the same problems as totem without
any way to trigger downloading and installing codecs.