Re: Vagrant: can we make it show up in Software?

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 01:26:16PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> What I do is `yum install vagrant` inside my development container:
> https://github.com/cgwalters/sysmgmt-personal/blob/0e517cf8e4d67915f909989e9abb6feccf89fac0/dev-containers/base.sh#L77
> I bind mount in the /run/libvirt/libvirt-sock so that it can access the host
> libvirtd.
>
> This keeps my host smaller and aids flexibility; if I want to test
> a different version of Vagrant that's just a different container, etc.
>
> Just commenting on this as my mission isn't done until we've moved
> the default user experience to containers; changes to encourage
> people to install software directly on their host go counter to this.

Okay, that's fair. We've talked about having a pet container as the default
shell on Silverblue. We should definitely include /run/libvirt/libvirt-sock
as part of that. Possibly crazy idea: some way for Software to help manage
installation of software into that container.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>