Suggest Switching to clang from GCC for compiling chromium and adding video acceleration Patch

Hi everyone, I am maintaining the only version of chromium with video accelertion patches which compiles using llvm-clang instead of GCC. All the spec files that I have seen and took help of, neighter of them compiles using clang but GCC which leads to adding lots of patches in order to make GCC happy. The version of clang available in fedora repos is 5.0.1. The latest version of chromium need version 6. I had to download and passed it as source in order to build it which lead to increase size of rpm src file. I have compiled two instances of chromium of same version. One with GCC and other with clang-llvm. The latter binary has significant lower file size and better performance than former one.

Both builds are uploaded to my github repo: https://github.com/biswasab/Chromium-vaapi/releases

So Is this possible to get clang version 6 in fedora 27 and upcoming fedora 28? Also how about adding video acceleration patch to chromium since Google doesn't seem interested? Few distributions are already doing it. Thank you.