Re: auto-suspending after video playback ends (and other cases)

On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 11:59 AM, Owen Taylor <otaylor@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> One thing that we should be pointed out here is that we've been
> auto-suspending for laptops on battery for years.

This is an inexplicable statement. I have two laptop makes running
Fedora for years, and I've never once experienced either of them
autosuspend on battery, ever. They go to 0% and then poweroff. They do
not ever suspend unless I manually suspend them with power button or
alt + clicking on the power button icon in the upper right UI (which
has a pause icon with alt depressed). These are default, unexotic
installation.

I'm looking at the power UI right now on a clean Fedora 27 system,
click on Automatic suspend, and the On Battery policy is Off, as is
the Plugged In policy.

*shrug*

--
Chris Murphy