Re: Default plymouth theme

On 2018-01-19 01:00 PM, Stephen Gallagher wrote:

> It led me to wonder: why is "Charge" the default theme for Fedora
> Workstation instead of something with stronger branding like
> "Spinfinity"? In particular, I think Spinfinity would be more pleasant
> for people to see while performing offline updates (rather than a
> monochrome thought bubble) for that extended period.

How about adapting Spinfinity with similar background form Charge as an
alternative?
Speaking about offline update, will be possible to put the message at
the centre (or lower centre) rather than the top left (I never
understood why) ?

> I suspect that the primary reason for Charge is that it transitions
> more seamlessly into the GDM login screen (having similar colors). So,
> is there a way we could get more visual flare (and product identity)
> there without losing the transition benefits? Is it worth considering
> a re-theming of BOTH plymouth and GDM for Fedora?
>
> [1] https://fedoramagazine.org/howto-change-the-plymouth-theme/

I noticed the sudden change from blue to grey using Spinifity theme
instead of a smoother transition. Same issue occurs when shutting down
or rebooting as the session goes to text then background.  Those part
will need refinement. As mentioned above, replacing the bubble with
Spinfinity symbol using the same background would be a better approach.

--
Luya Tshimbalanga
Graphic & Web Designer