Re: What to do about GNOME for Beta?

On 09/15/2017 03:55 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> So, Beta slipped today; the next go/no-go will be Sept 21.
>
> Given this, we probably have a window to get 3.26.0 into the Beta with
> an FE, if that seems like a good idea and you can have it ready to go
> by, say, Monday.

Hey Adam,

As I understand it, we haven't had a Beta compose yet, which in turn
means nobody has started filling in testing matrices yet --- so if we
include final 3.26.0 in Beta, it would be very little additional work
for QA, right? Probably makes sense to include the whole 3.26.0 then so
that we could test the GNOME that's more close to what we'll ship in F27
final.

We should have almost all builds lined up by now. How about this plan: I
submit a megaupdate to Bodhi today where all the 3.26.0 builds are in a
single update, so that it has time to be in updates-testing for a few
days before Monday, and then on Monday at the blocker review meeting we
make a call whether to take the whole thing? And if the vote is no, we
can split the update up on Monday and take individual bits.

--
Kalev