F27 and Workstation testing

Given how long the Fedora 26 schedule slipped/ran over, we had a
*much* shorter F27 schedule than expected.  That's had a number of ill
effects, not the least of which is extra impact on the Fedora
Engineering team.  I'd like to avoid that in F28.

This isn't a discussion about general Fedora schedule strategy.  F28
schedule will likely not shift based on F27 slip, as has been the case
for some years now.  This discussion *is*, however, about how we can
do our best to minimize slips to F27 Beta and GA based on Workstation
related issues.

I talked to Kamil Paral in #fedora-qa today to see how people involved
in Workstation related development can best help.

As you know, there are release criteria for each release -- previously
Alpha/Beta/GA, now just Beta and GA.  (The Alpha criteria still count,
because Beta has to meet them, i.e. Alpha + Beta.)  Some of these
target specific activities, like login or the environment starting,
and some target classes of components, like .desktop files.

A couple things Kamil mentioned that I agree would help:

1. Regular testing of images *now*, before Beta freeze 2017-Sep-05.

    Fedora QA regularly announces (on the test-announce@ list)
    composes that are ready for testing.  Here's the latest such
    announcement: <https://tinyurl.com/y8c7zvor>

    If each developer checked their particular area for release
    blocking bugs early, it's more likely we can avoid late surprises
    about something not working.  (We have a limited number of folks
    dedicated to QA, after all.)

2. Assist in creating automated tests for Workstation composes/apps.
The OpenQA system <https://openqa.fedoraproject.org/> allows graphical
testing of the desktop.  Even just a few extra tests could be useful
based on what can save time in QA'ing releases.  You can scroll down
to the Workstation entries here and click through to some of the tests
currently provided: <http://tinyurl.com/y9csgmmz>

Kamil also mentioned having Workstation folks available when blocker
meetings are going on, to allow for better decisions about truly
blocking bugs.  While it may not be a good use of time for a lot of
people to attend the entirety of a blocker bug meeting, it *would* be
a good idea for us to be aware of the blocker meeting schedule, and to
stay tuned in #fedora-workstation and/or the meeting channel in case
of summoning.

Open to other ideas here as well.