Re: Why is ABRT missing in F26 Workstation composes?

Stephen Gallagher píše v Po 27. 03. 2017 v 08:24 -0400:
> On 03/27/2017 08:15 AM, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I wonder why gnome-abrt is not part of the default installation in
> > Fedora 26 Workstation composes. Is it intentional or just a
> > mistake?
> > If intentional, what is the reason?
> > I find ABRT crash report stats pretty useful.
>

> Does that mean it's not available in the installer either? Because
> the Alpha
> release criterion state: "The installer must be able to report
> failures to
> Bugzilla, with appropriate information included."

abrt itself is preinstalled and abrtd seems to be running. What is
missing is the gnome-abrt which gives you UI for viewing the crashes
and reporting them in BZ. So crashes are probably collected and
automatically reported if permitted, but the user is not notified about
them and there is no easy way to report them in BZ.
Not sure about Anaconda. If they implement their own UI that interacts
with ABRT, then users can probably report crashes there, otherwise it's
the same situation.

Jiri