Re: Fedora 26: Request for review of Release Blocking Deliverables

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 11:43:58AM +0100, Jan Kurik wrote:
> Hi Desktop/Workstation  team,
>
> as we are moving forward with Fedora 26 I would like to make sure we
> have all the deliverables, which might or might not be blocking for
> the release, identified on time. As such, I would like to ask you to
> review the list of deliverables the Desktop/Workstation team delivers
> for Fedora 26 release. The list is available on
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Program_Management/ReleaseBlocking/Fedora26#Workstation
> .
>
> In case you find any discrepancy in the list, feel free to correct it
> or let me know and I will correct it then.

Just to make sure it's clear...

Workstation Live ISO x86_64: blocks release
Workstation netinst ISO x86_64: blocks release
Workstation ostree x86_64: doesn't block release
...and no other arches are considered blocking.

I think the question here is whether ostree should block.  To the best
of my knowledge no one's discussed that deliverable with release
engineering enough that we could logically block the F26 release for
it.

To be a bit more pointed: Unless someone who understands how to
compose and deliver an ostree Workstation talks to rel-eng, and
establishes that it can be automatically built in advance of
Alpha/Beta, along with e.g. the Atomic Host releases, we can't
logically block the release on it.  This is not a "tell rel-eng a few
weeks before release" task. ;-)  Also, a release blocker should have
test planning built up around it, and AFAIK that doesn't exist yet
either.