Re: Fedora 25 Wayland Test Day proposal

On Fri, 2016-10-07 at 09:31 +0000, Christian Stadelmann wrote:
> What is the scope of a Wayland testing day? I'd like to contribute.
>
> But: I doubt there are many more bugs I'll find, because I reported
> most of them already. But it's probably time to try to reproduce all
> the "WaylandRelated" and especially "WaylandByDefault" bugs to see
> which bugs are fixed and which are still present.
>
> So are there any  plans to look for anything specific (like a check-
> list) or for a list of applications the testing day people choose
> from?

It's more or less going to be asking people to do what you've done
already, yes: boot up a live image (I've built one with latest gtk3 /
gnome-shell / mutter builds, to ensure we have the latest Wayland
fixes), optionally install it, and play around with your usual desktop
use and various applications and see what bugs you run into.

The main goal of having a Test Day is just to get *lots of people* to
do that, and make sure all the results are logged and attached to the
tracker.

I'm basing the page on the similar test day we had in 2014, planning to
use most of the same test cases with appropriate updates for current
Fedora:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2014-08-28_Gnome_3.14
--
Adam Williamson