Re: workstation ostree status

On Sunday, October 2, 2016 7:18:06 PM CDT Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> On Fri, 2016-09-30 at 15:28 -0500, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> > I have been working on making sure we have the workstation ostree
> > available
> > for Beta, and I have hit a snag.  there is a bunch of packages
> > included that
> > are not available in the workstation package set.
>
> Hi,
>
> Why does this difference exist?

Because the workstation WG has defined the content that makes up teh Fedora
workstation product, it is what is in the workstation repo. and available and
installed in the workstation Live CD. The workstation ostree includes content
outside of the set of software that is considered fedora Workstation, So the
WG needs to decide that teh software does not belong in the Workstation ostree
or that it does belong in the Workstation product and needs to be includes as
pat of that software.

everything under[1] is the software that makes up the workstation, it is a
subset of everything that makes up Fedora which is available [2] here

Dennis

[1] http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/development/25/ Workstation/
[2] http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/development/25/Everything/