Re: Third party repos and command line access

On Sat, 2016-09-10 at 18:17 +0200, Kalev Lember wrote:
> This is a screenshot of gnome-initial-setup during a first run:
> https://kalev.fedorapeople.org/gnome-initial-setup-software-page.png

I don't want to add this screen. Our usability tests indicate users are
already confused enough by the EXISTING questions in gnome-initial-
setup. This one is probably the hardest one yet: "do I want access to
unspecified software I don't know about yet? Browsers, and games, but
with restrictions on use? I need to call a computer expert to help me
answer this question!"

Moreover, once you've set it here, where are you going to change it? Do
we have a switch you can flip in GNOME Software? It's not OK to add a
setting to initial-setup if there's no way to easily change it later.

I think we need further discussion on this. I don't see why we can't
just put the setting in the software center.

Michael