Installing .flatpak files in Software in F25

Hi,
I was under the impression that GNOME Software 3.22 will be able to
install .flatpak bundles. You download a 3rd-party .flatpak bundle,
double-click the file and Software does the magic for you (installs
necessary runtime, install the app, sets up app's repo,...), but I
tried it on my upgraded system to F25 and Software doesn't seem to
handle .flatpak files at all. I still need to do the inconvenient
procedure of several commands to install a flatpak.

Was it never a plan to install flatpaks in Software this way and I got
it wrong or it didn't make it to the release for some reason? If we
need to improve something it's user experience of installing flatpaks
which is currently pretty terrible and people point it out all the
time.

Jiri