Re: Wayland by default on F25? Blockers?

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 02:10:34PM -0400, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> > There is no support for copy/paste in WebKit yet, sorry.
> That's a reason for not going to Wayland by default in Fedora 25 if I
> ever saw one.  Basic functionality missing.

The problem is that gets into subjective territory *real quick*.
There's an attempt to codify features and intended feature parity at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Wayland_features. That could use an
update with what we've learned from F24 so far.

The top of that page says "But not all features listed here are
equally important, there might even be some features listed which will
not be implemented in Wayland eventually because they are not
suitable." I think Workstation WG needs to prioritize and draw a line
in the sand — even if somewhat arbitrary, at least it will be a common
point. (And that includes "completion" for each item. For example,
there's "copy/paste works everywhere" as a possibility, or else
"copy/paste works on all apps installed by default", or any number of
other possible lines.)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>