Re: F25 Self Contained Change: Replace UDisks2 by Storaged

On Fri, 2016-05-13 at 13:01 -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> CCing the desktop list, but please keep replies on the Fedora devel
> list.
>

> At today's FESCo meeting[1], we raised several questions that we
> would like to
> have answered about this change.
>
> 1) Have the GNOME, Anaconda/Blivet and Cockpit folks agreed to
> replacing Udisks2?
> 2) Is it expected to be a complete cutover (where we drop Udisks2
> from the
> default install and/or from the distro entirely

udisks upstream is inactive and has recently expressed some interest in
allowing the storaged developers to take over maintenance of udisks
going forward. It would be better to first try merging the storaged
changes into udisks instead; that way, we share the same code across
all distros, without having to evangelize storaged vs. udisks.

Michael