Re: Why isn't git installed in Workstation?

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 4:20 PM, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I would also like to include the entire @c-development group
> (Autotools, make, GCC, valgrind, etc.). This will be useful for enough
> people that I think it's worth having for the convenience, even if it
> makes the install media slightly larger

Would folks actually use it? Out here in the Real World(TM) we compile
code on build boxes, not our desktops. I think that git is useful, an
entire development toolchain not so much. Nothing is stopping people
from getting that if they want it (which I suspect some will), but
where do we stop? Let's also include Erlang, R, Haskell, Ruby, every
Python module, and every other language known to man. I think that
this invites a hard look at "who is our target audience and what do
they want?" While I'm sure that *some* people would want an entire
toolchain, I suspect it to be a vast minority of the target audience.