Re: Another round of default app discussion

On 2016-03-14 14:20, Andreas Nilsson wrote:
On 2016-03-12 18:10, Michael Catanzaro wrote:

I guess Evolution might be controversial; I use it religiously, and
many of you probably do too. But the user interface is complex and
confusing; users should not be exposed to this by default, barring
drastic UI changes that are outside the scope of the Evolution project.
Evolution is a great mail client for power users, but I'm confident
that the average user will be better off with webmail services; folks
who want a desktop client can simply install one, after all. We intend
to replace it with GNOME Mail eventually, but nobody has started
developing it yet. I propose we drop Evolution, but I have not done so
yet, pending further discussion.

Does the shell have any kind of expectation of having a calendar application installed, in the same way it does with gnome-clocks? (it used to be before at least that if you didn't have Clocks installed, the shell will still display a "set up world clocks" button, but clicking it wouldn't do anything).

I tested again now, and it seems the world clock button goes away if gnome-clocks isn't installed.
The shell calendar seems to work fine without evolution installed.
- Andreas