Re: Workstation WG Wayland readiness meeting recap 2016-Feb-10

El vie, 12-02-2016 a las 08:30 -0500, Matthias Clasen escribió:
> I have some additions too. Too bad that I had to miss the meeting;
> some
> facts were a bit misrepresented there, I think.
>
> Input method support basically works - We are using IBus client-side
> over dbus; it couldn't care less if you are using X11 or Wayland. The
> one thing that currently works less well under Wayland is positioning
> of the candidate window. Rui promised me a fix for that for today.

I think we should revisit this at the next meeting, if the relevant
people can show up. We were hoping that by moving the date of the
meeting (we knew you and Christian couldn't make it last week), and
devoting the meeting to Wayland readiness only, the right people would
be present. Oh well, these things happen.

Let's also make sure this wiki page:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Wayland_features#input_methods

is updated to accurately reflect the current status of Wayland support
in Workstation (e.g. input methods are listed as 0% complete there).

Michael