Re: Desktop section at Fedora Developer Portal

Matthew Miller píše v Po 02. 11. 2015 v 11:04 -0500:
> On Mon, Nov 02, 2015 at 10:38:29AM -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> > For GNOME apps, there's a ton of material here: https://developer.g
> > nome
> > .org/
> > I don't really see the value in duplicating it.
>
> I agree that we don't want to _duplicate_, but I think there's value
> in
> at least introductory information from a Fedora perspective. We can
> point to upstream docs from that.
>
> --
> Matthew Miller
> <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Fedora Project Leader

Exactly. I don't think pointing someone to upstream documentation
straightway would actually help. AFAIK the portal is rather focused on
people who are new to Linux development. Most of them don't even know
the concept of upstream/downstream and I'm pretty sure many of them
would struggle with how to set up what they're talking about in
upstream documentation on Fedora.
Already existing tutorials on the portal are very introductory, too.

Jiri