Re: Repeat post

On 08/08/15 15:39, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
I see this as a problem that needs to be solved, but I will be blunt: somebody has to be interested in implementing it, and I am not sure anybody is.

I understand this. I think that even if the issue gets discussed privately among yourselves progress has been made. A lot of people truly have no idea of the disparity between suburban and rural connectivity issues.

I think the right place to add a new setting is the network panel: you
should be able to mark a particular connection as being bandwidth
-limited. Then at the *very least* that should be used to turn off
automatic checks for updates, since we get complaints about that from
bandwidth-limited users quite frequently. I am not sure if we want to
take the route of using the firewall to prevent applications from
accessing the network; it seems reasonable since it would require
toggling a hard-to-find setting, but some design work would be needed
to make the prompts work well.

Michael
Thank you very much for your reply, Michael. In the mean time people will keep buying me beer to sort it for them.

Cheers,

Andrew.