Re: Anaconda wishlist

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 06:53:51PM +0200, Rui Tiago Cação Matos wrote:
> > * Remove the timezone selection spoke from either anaconda or gnome
> > -initial-setup. These spokes are redundant and one or the other needs
> > to go. The reason to potentially retain it in Anaconda would be to get
> > the timestamps of installed files correct, if we care about that.
> Nit: file timestamps are not dependent on the timezone and packaged
> files timestamps are set to when the package was built.

This is only partly true — some files are created at package install
time, or by the installer itself.

This is generally only a problem when these turn out to have timestamps
in the future. That could be solved by automatically back-dating them
(several mechanisms possible) to at least the previous day (maybe a
time fixed per anaconda build?) but that would be confusing too.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>