Re: Fedora Health Report

I also said in that e-mail, that there is mentions of desire (by someone, somewhere - can't remember, sorry) of a Fedora equivalent of this: http://blog.brackets.io/2015/03/27/introducing-brackets-health-report/ (my words).

But I ignored this possibility, at first, because I thought that it was something way out of my skills.

Turns out I realized that I know a bit of Node.js :P

So, now, I'm kinda interested in making this too, but I am not really sure of how to do it :/

Hey, I did something!

First, look at the current statistics here:
http://o-diogocampos.rhcloud.com/fedora-report/

It works by sending some data, collected with the help of Node.js, to my personal website, at 10 minutes after every boot and at every 24 hours.

The "client" sends, together, a unique UUID; and the "server" also adds the current date when it receives the data. This way, the statistics (link above) shows the number of unique installations (by replacing data that have the same UUID), and also can hide/delete installations not updated in X hours/days/weeks/months/years (needs implementation).

How cool is that? That's pretty cool!

Want to test/join? Follow the instructions:

1- Install the "nodejs-node-uuid" and "nodejs-request" packages.
2- Extract this ( http://o-diogocampos.rhcloud.com/fedora-report/fedora-report-0.1-js.tar.xz ) to "/opt/".
3- Extract this ( http://o-diogocampos.rhcloud.com/fedora-report/fedora-report-0.1-systemd.tar.xz ) to "/usr/lib/systemd/system/".
4- Execute "sudo systemctl enable fedora-report.timer".
5- Execute "sudo node /opt/fedora-report/fedora-report.js" (or reboot and wait for 10 minutes).
6- Now go look at the statistics again to confirm that you have raised it!

Tip 1: You can check your UUID in "/opt/fedora-report/uuid.txt".
Tip 2: You can check your last sent data in "/opt/fedora-report/data.json".
Tip 3: And you can disable the report with "sudo systemctl disable fedora-report.timer".
Tip 4: Also, you can see the aggregated data here: http://o-diogocampos.rhcloud.com/fedora-report/get/

If you liked this, please use/test; or make a package; or a UI; or just say that you liked.

By the way, which infos would be interesting to track?