Re: Why people are not switching to Fedora

On Mon, 2015-05-11 at 21:23 +0200, drago01 wrote:
> Can you recall the last time where we shipped a kernel before nvidia
> supported it?
> We don't really wait for them but they don't take that long to catch
> up ...
>
> You are suggesting a solution for a problem that doesn't really
> exists
> much in practice.

I don't have an nvidia graphics card. I knew better than to buy from
them. :D I was basing my suggestion on complaints in Christian's blog
[1], but searching for "nvidia" I see only two complaints, and neither
related to our kernel updates. So maybe it's not as big an issue after
all.

"Installing proprietary Nvidia drivers (ugh, I know) was painful.
Google searches return multiple guides for various Fedora versions and
it was hard to tell if something from F18 or F19 was still applicable
on F21."

[1] https://blogs.gnome.org/uraeus/2015/04/20/fedora-workstation-more
-than-the-sum-of-its-parts/