Re: Thoughts about Fedora 21 Desktop

"the suggestion was just that *if you do create a
user account during install*, it should be an admin by default.
basically, change the default state of the checkbox on the user creation
spoke."
..was exactly what  meant (don't forget that I started this discussion! :-) )

But if there is room in the installer interface I'd suggest too that "Administrator" could change to something like (compromise!) "Administrator (sudo'er and member of the 'wheel' admin user group)" or similar.

-- Peter

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 6:41 PM, Adam Williamson <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 2014-12-09 at 08:15 -0500, Stephen Gallagher wrote:

> So I think a strong need remains for having a real root account on
> systems that are domain-enabled.

this was thread creep. There was no suggestion that creation of an admin
user be *required* - the suggestion was just that *if you do create a
user account during install*, it should be an admin by default.
basically, change the default state of the checkbox on the user creation
spoke.

personally I can't really see it as terribly important either way, if
people aren't going to read the darn screen I don't know what to do for
them, and anaconda does require that you at least *either* set a root
password *or* create an admin account, you can't lock yourself out of
admin privileges. But I wanted to point out that this was a
misunderstanding and sent the thread spinning OT.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

--