Re: Workstation WG Recap 2014-Nov-05

On Fri, Nov 07, 2014 at 05:14:49AM -0500, Jens Petersen wrote:
> >   * AGREED: keep Boxes  (stickster, 16:38:40)
>
> For the record I would vote for not installing Boxes by default:
> it pulls in some large deps, only some use-cases need it,
> and some people prefer virt-manager anyway.
>
> Personally I think it would be nice to have a lean base/core WS image.
> I wonder if overlayfs could allow for more flexibility with Live installs
> in the future for things like this and Libreoffice, etc.

ISTM one of the virtues of Boxes is for developers to be able to spin
up VM guests for e.g. testing their web apps on multiple platforms.
This seems like a fairly typical use case for the developers we've
discussed in the past.  I agree with lean in the right ways, but not
if it sacrifices a compelling feature that serves the folks we are
looking for as consumers.  Just my $0.02 -- I would like to hear from
other WG members how they feel about it.