Re: Workstation WG Recap 2014-Nov-05

> Just curious - where is this blacklisting/whitelisting done in
> gnome-software?

Here:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-software/tree/data/modulesets/gnome.xml

Oh, we need to also remove gnome-logs as well (which is not in the
upstream list, and not to be confused with gnome-system-log), in
addition to gnome-dictionary:

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/gnome-software.git/tree/gnome-software-system-apps.patch

And optionally restore Baobab. And optionally drop Firefox: Firefox
should be installed by default, but it should not be considered part of
our operating system.

> Is it better done in the appdata or the desktop file
> somewhere?

I'm not sure. It would not really be good for applications to be able to
decide for themselves whether or not they are part of the OS, so in that
sense, gnome-software is absolutely the correct place for this. But it's
also not good that it relies on desktop file names, which are unreliable
because they tend to change.