Re: Changing background to an arbitrary colour

On 4 November 2014 16:24, Matthias Clasen <mclasen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 2014-11-04 at 10:56 -0500, Ryan Lerch wrote:
> This popped up in the Fedora google+ community, and just wondering if
> there is a way to be able to set an arbitrary colour as the background.
> (other than making a bitmap of the colour, and setting the image as the
> background)
>
> https://plus.google.com/109533309209161533982/posts/Ws5CUnPeRrD
>
> It is possible to change it manually in the dconf settings
> (org.gnome.desktop.background.primary-color &
> org.gnome.desktop.background.secondary-color), but this seems like it
> might be something that at least a few of our users might want to do in
> the control-center rather than having to hack at settings.

Its not very discoverable, but you can drag colors from e.g. the gimp
color chooser, and drop them on the control-center background chooser.

Wow, that has to be the understatement of the year! Having taken a look at the background chooser myself when I saw Ryan's email I never would have thought to do something like that; I think "it's practically impossible to discover..." is more accurate.

Didn't the background chooser have a proper colour picker in it once?

--
"Racing turtles, the grapefruit is winning..."