Re: Appdata coverage update

On 18 September 2014 19:10, Ryan Lerch <rlerch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> However, we do have a bunch of appdata files that have been created in
> seperate branches that have not been merged yet (just waiting for a few more
> in the list of games we are targeting [2]), that should get this number up
> near 47% coverage in the next week or so.

That's awesome news. It's also worth noting that the massive majority
of AppData descriptions are from upstream themselves, and that
upstreams have been very receptive committing and keeping up to date
community-written files.

Actually looking at the 53% of applications that are left, there are
very few applications that we actually need to save; most of the high
quality maintained applications either have an upstream file, a file
contributed by the fedora package, or a file in the lookaside repo.
There's a lot of stuff we ship that's been unmaintained upstream for a
very long time.

For Fedora 22 I'm going to get a bit more strict about things like
icon sizes, e.g. 32x32 icons will no longer be acceptable. Trying to
pad a 32x32 icon into a 128x128 HiDPI square (64x64 for standard DPI)
UI element is never going to look good. I'll send more email about
this after the F21 release buzz has died down, but please understand
we're trying to push up the standard of all the applications and that
we're actually a lot of the work to make this happen.

Richard