Re: Release notes have a launcher - maybe we should remove that

On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 6:22 PM, Elad Alfassa <elad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 7:20 PM, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 2014-08-30 at 16:14 +0100, Philip Whitehouse wrote:
>> > Maybe we can target Fedora 22 for this then if necessary. The
>> > original
>> > bug was raised about 2 years ago, it's not going anywhere..
>>
>> I agree. It's not a big deal. Why not leave this be for now, and revisit
>> after F22 is released?
>

> I really don't undertand why "not installing the release notes" is such a
> big change we need to wait for the next cycle to implement. It's really just
> a one line change. And if we want to install them but not provide a launcher
> (so they could be opened by a bookmark in Firefox) than I'd happily provide
> a patch to split the launcher to a subpackage.

Yeah. Well I doubt that "release notes as a package" makes any sense.

When I want to read the release notes of Fedora (or anything else) I
just Google "Fedora 20 release notes" or "Firefox 31 release notes"
... I do not expect it to be in some package and I am pretty sure most
use the web version anyway.