Re: Release notes have a launcher - maybe we should remove that

Before chiming in on this discussion, I figured I should look at what we
actually ship as the release notes.

Here is what I get on f21 when trying to launch fedora-release-notes.
$ gtk-launch fedora-release-notes.desktop
gvfs-open: file:///usr/share/doc/fedora-release-notes-20/index.html:
error opening location: Error when getting information for file
'/usr/share/doc/fedora-release-notes-20/index.html': No such file or
directory

I'm not easily discouraged, so I pointed manually at the right file:
gvfs-open file:///usr/share/doc/fedora-release-notes/en-US/index.html

This succeeds in opening a web browser, with a page that reads:

This document provides the release notes for Fedora 19...

I think this nicely illustrates some of the downsides of locally
installing frequently changing content, in particular if this is not the
sole (or primary) means of publication:

It breaks, it gets outdated, and nobody notices.

Given this state of affairs, and the fact that we already bury the
release notes launcher in the sundry folder, I think it would make a lot
of sense to instead arrange for it to become pre-seeded content in
documents, like the gnome-document getting-started guide is treated
currently. If we do that, the release notes will still show up
prominently in shell searches, thanks to the gnome-documents search
provider.

Matthias