Re: Fedora workstation: what do we want installed by default?

On Mon, 2014-08-18 at 22:39 +0300, Elad Alfassa wrote:
> From my point of view including a Java browser plugin by default is a
> security risks, as most users tend to approve whatever pops up on
> their screen, and malicious websites are known to abuse that.

Java on the desktop is harmless; Java in the web browser is a security
nightmare. I don't remember how many years it's been since any site I've
seen a site with a Java applet, so I think we should not have it by
default. But I also don't think it's a big deal one way or the other.

Anyway, we're primarily concerned here with applications that do not
belong in the overview.  Currently the IcedTea control panel shows up in
the overview, which is a big deal and needs to go.