Re: Enable "Solarized" color schemes by default for Workstation

On 07/30/2014 12:25 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
Ryan Lerch (rlerch@xxxxxxxxxx) said:
I recently blogged on the Fedora Magazine about the awesome addition of the
Solarized colour schemes in GEdit and GNOME-terminal in workstation [1].
And a commenter on that post asked the question: why not make it default?

Since terminal ships with the dark GTK theme turned on, we could set the
default color scheme there to Solarized Dark, and for gedit (that uses the
light GTK theme by default), enable Solarized Light by default.
So, I just tried this out in the terminal. I'm not sure I would support it
as the default because Solarized's palette (at least in F-20) changes the
actual colors such that a terminal app coded to display 'yellow' will get
something that isn't.

Bill
I wonder if this is an issue with the implementation of the Solarized theme in gnome-terminal. I can't seem to find any other examples of this issue with people using the Solarized theme in terminals.

cheers,
ryanlerch