Re: Should Firefox stay the default browser in Fedora Workstation?

It seems that the decision has already been made, but let me add a few things I've been thinking, anyway:

A big feature of Fedora Next/Workstation initiative is stop gluing things and start building something more coherent. To do so would require not only Fedora contribute to the upstream as well as influence it.

Therefore, since Fedora is in much better position to influence the development of the Web (as well as GNOME as a whole) than Firefox, I believe that preinstall Firefox on Workstation (making it a official part of the whole), especially patched with some extensions, isn't the best option.

In other words, at least for me, to put the focus in Firefox will not help GNOME Web to get "ready", and will not help Fedora reach its goals.

Thanks for reading.