Re: Permissions required to install/uninstall software

On Mon, Jun 02, 2014 at 05:00:27PM -0500, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> I guess there must be a reason for this, but it's odd that Fedora 20
> requires authentication to uninstall software, but not to install
> (signed) software. It's great that I don't need a password to install
> stuff, but why do I need a password to get rid of it? I might be stuck

It's a lot easier to break your system by removing things than it is by
adding them. That doesn't mean it's a bad idea to allow removal of
applications -- it just takes a little more logic.

--
Matthew Miller    --   Fedora Project    --    <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                  "Tepid change for the somewhat better!"