Re: Desktop and FirewallD

On 04/29/2014 08:58 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:

One thing we might attempt is to do a UPnP discovery on the ethernet
network. Most home routers nowadays have UPnP support and we could use
that as a way to determine that you were on a home network. It
wouldn't work in all cases, but probably would improve the situation
for the majority of users.

How about tracking the mac address of the router?

I think there are some DHCP bypasses out there (ping the default gateway) that would leak the MAC addresses. Do we never want to implement those? They could speed up waking from suspend.

I'm also not sure that clearing the ARP table is properly synchronized with suspend (considering that locking the screen still is not, at least in some dual-monitor setups with F20).