Re: Default font configuration doesn't look right on Fedora...

Elad Alfassa wrote:
Actually, we can change the Cantarell fontconfig file to instruct the system to
only use slight autohinting on that font, thus making it not-fuzzy and very
readable.

If you follow my trail of bug reports and e-mails you'll see I have invested a lot of time in the cause of this and the only workarounds I found were the ones I listed for Alex. Hinting with the Adobe engine is broken no matter what setting you choose.