GNOME 3.12 copr and getting out of rpm dep hell

Hi,

Hughsie's GNOME 3.12 copr has seen quite a bit of publicity recently.
>From what I can tell, people who have managed to get it installed are
generally happy, but a number of people have also run into rpm dep hell
while updating, and gone back to F20 proper.

Last night, adamw pointed out the fedoramagazine article about GNOME
3.12 [1] and asked if I could look through the broken dep issues
mentioned in the article comments and rebuild the packages in the copr.

At first, I went ahead and rebuilt a few, but then realized this doesn't
really scale. We are only going to be playing catch up with F20 proper
when new builds that use old cogl / tracker / gnome-bluetooth /
gnome-desktop / evolution-data-server libraries are pushed out to updates.

I spent some time today on this and built parallel installable compat
packages with the 3.10 ABI for those libraries. This is hopefully enough
to get out of the dep hell and the need of constant rebuilds in
the copr.

What would be a good way to manage the git repos for such compat
packages? So far, the copr has only gotten straight rebuilds of rawhide
packages and we haven't had a need for separate git branches. I guess I
could create special f20-gnome-3-12 branches for those 5 in git, or
would it be weird to have something in pkgdb git that's only meant for copr?

[1] http://fedoramagazine.org/running-gnome-3-12-on-fedora-20/

--
Kalev