Re: Technical Spec, better upgrade/rollback control

On Fri, 2014-02-21 at 09:04 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> SLES or OpenSUSE?  For SLES, I think they have it as an option, but in
> a very reduced mode as I described above.  I think it's an option in
> OpenSUSE 13.x, but it isn't the default because there were things they
> didn't think were production ready.  So they basically match Fedora in
> terms of defaults.  I do think they promote and work on snapper and
> btrfs more than we do though.

It's been decided that openSUSE 13.2, to be released in November, will
be the first to use btrfs by default. I *think* this decision was made
because SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 (to be released late this year)
is going to default to btrfs as well, but I'm not sure where I read
that, or if I really did.

They have disabled several features that they feel are less stable!
Large thread:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2013-09/msg00029.html