Re: Request for review: new desktop groups

> As part of https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ReworkPackageGroups, I've
> been working on redoing some of the groups that make up installation choices
> in anaconda. The idea is to offer a simpler interface, where the user simply
> selects which environment they want to run in, plus options for that
> environment.

>From what I can see a lot of this is shuffling around where metadata
lives and how it's presented, which sounds fine, but is kind of
uninteresting.

However, the "yum is changed so that persistent groups are enabled by
default" seems to me to have more significant ramifications.  Does it
mean that we no longer need to add artificial dependencies just to
ensure that new packages are pulled in on upgrades, for example?

Or do we still need to do that to handle the case where the user is
upgrading a pre-persistent-groups system?