From: Elad Alfassa <elad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 7:30 PM
Subject: Two questions / bugs / issues with Fedora 17 Desktop, minor
but kinda important for user experience
To: Discussions about development for the Fedora desktop
<desktop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

1) who decided that system-config-date is to be installed by default
and given the confusing (for new users) system-config-date as a name
in the menu?
>From IRC:
<adamw> elad661: it's called 'system-config-date' because it was
previously called Date and Time. see the problem with that?
<elad661> yes, I do
<elad661> but I think we could either remove it (since gnome's control
panel provides the functionality) or find a better name.
<elad661> we probably need it for firstboot, so removing the desktop
file might be a good idea

2) why is "remote desktop viewer" installed by default? I thought
gnome boxes provides this functionality now.

--
-Elad Alfassa.

--
-Elad Alfassa.