Re: Linpus

On 12/22/2011 10:46 PM, Raphael Groner wrote:
The first thing I did on my Acer that have had preinstalled Linpus: Install a distribution that can be used.

To be honest, what is the sense of Linpus? Fedora is not a meta distribution like Debian. It would be like comparing Linpus (Fedora) to Ubuntu (Debian), or apples with pies.

Please take a look to the efforts to port systemd or Unity to other main stream distributions. First, you have to solve a lot of dependency problems cause of the differences in package versions. Please don't start that chaos also on Fedora, ... okay for unstable/rawhide.
Just my 5 ct. End of ranting.

What is the meaning of this post? I feel lost. Linpus is piointless, granted, but lots (probably most, by %) of things in the open source world are. How does this affect Fedora?

And bad ideas are not OK for rawhide. Bad ideas are just bad. There is a lot of that going around, but not just in Linpus, Ubuntu or Fedora -- the entire market is missing the point right now (which joys me to no end).