overshooting mouse accidentally activates overview mode

After using Gnome 3/Shell for a couple months now, it has really grown
on me.  I have one UI annoyance that I wonder if the designers could
comment on.  When I'm using a maximized application like Firefox or
Chromium, I often have to move the mouse to near the upper-left corner
to activate a tab or use the forward/back buttons or File menu.
Sometimes, rather often, I overshoot and accidentally activate the
overview mode hot corner.  I believe this mostly happens with Chromium
since it doesn't use the standard system title bar, leaving the tabs
and other controls a lot closer to the hot corner.  But it does
sometimes happen with standard apps too.  I'm not sure how tweak the
design to prevent this from happening, but I'm wondering if this has
come up before and been considered.