Re: Update notification period change

On 04/06/2011 03:47 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-04-06 at 10:51 +0000, "JÃhann B. GuÃmundsson" wrote:
>
>> A)
>>       Reporters should use yum from cli to update during the development
>> cycle of the release regardless of *DE and application settings
>> preferably run it manually on daily bases.
> Actually, we need at least some people to use PackageKit some of the
> time, or we don't notice when PackageKit is broken. And we can't expect
> _everyone_ running pre-releases to know this.

I would think we would test for that on the relevant testday for the
application.

Having test cases that involves basically fooling packagekit to think
that x supported configuration time period has passed and it should
check for updates.

For example let's say packagekit wants to update it self every Friday we
would set the system date to next Friday and see if packagekit would
pick it up and check and notify for any updates available.

JBG