Re: gdm changes and the live cd

On 03/04/2011 05:25 PM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>   An alternative
> I'd like to propose is to simply autostart the installer. That will make
> it hard to overlook, and seems to nicely emphasize the main role of the
> live cd as a convenient way to install Fedora.

I'm not sure about this solution.

Sometimes my use case for a Live Image is for troubleshooting a broken
system. I don't wish to install Fedora in this case. I realize I could
just 1) cancel out of the installer 2) ignore it or 3) roll my own Live
image, but I'm not so sure I am alone.

I'm not sure about Gnome 3's design of a icon-less desktop either. I run
Gnome 2 with no icons, but this is my personal choice. Once Gnome 3
widgets (or whatever they'll be called) start spawning I won't be
surprised if someone makes a desktop icon widget. I realize this topic
is for another thread so I'll stop here.