Re: gdm changes and the live cd

On Fri, 2011-03-04 at 23:25 +0000, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> We no longer show icons on the desktop, so there is no immediately
> obvious place to show the 'install to hard disk' launcher. The
> alternatives are to make it a favourite in the shell overview, or to add
> it as a menuitem in the user menu. Both of these have some drawbacks
> (the favourite does not display any text, leaving the user to guess from
> the icon, the user menu requires a gnome-shell patch). An alternative
> I'd like to propose is to simply autostart the installer. That will make
> it hard to overlook, and seems to nicely emphasize the main role of the
> live cd as a convenient way to install Fedora.

Autostarting the installer would have been disastrous during the classes
I've taught kids using live media USB sticks. At the beginning of the
class I would have had to remind the kids to not click on it and destroy
the lab machines we were so kindly allowed to use.

As long as it doesn't effect live usb....

~m