Old Gnome - New Gnome

It seems that if you have a common home directory that you reuse from
fedora version to fedora version, you cannot automatically go into the
gnome shell in F15 Alpha gnome 3.  I have a home directory that has been
around since about Fedora 6. I don't know what all you have to
eliminate--I just cleared out all gconf* gnome* gtk* metacity folders
and now Fedora 15 RC2 goes into the shell when logging on to the
desktop. Before I had to issue a gnome-shell --replace in a terminal.

I wonder what other problems reusing was/is causing?

--
Regards,
OldFart