Re: Changing themes in rawhide

On Wed, 2010-11-24 at 02:01 +0000, Bastien Nocera wrote:

> >  If so, what is the new recommended way to
> > change themes?
>
> The recommended way is not to, and use the nice new themes we're
> preparing for GNOME 3. If you really want to tweak, gsettings on the
> command-line for now. There's supposed to be a tweak panel coming at
> some point.

on a pragmatic level, I think we're *really* going to want to have some
sort of tweak mechanism available in F15 (assuming we do wind up
shipping Shell in it). Otherwise the masses are sure going to be
revolting. I like using default themes, but when I tell people this they
usually seem to look at me as if I've grown an extra head.

(I'm not entirely sure it's even theoretically possible to settle the
great 'Aw3som3 Killer Dark Theme' vs 'Cool Mac-Like Light Theme' debate
with a one-size-fits-all default, either. If some kind of color
customization of the default theme is available that'd probably be
enough; mostly people seem to equate 'theme' with 'color', in my
experience.)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey